I arrived in New York yesterday and was accosted by some men trying to get me into their Gypsy cabs. I was toting abut 5 bags and looked like a vulnerable tourist... anyway no thank you as I yanked my bags away and ended up in a registered cab with a beautiful looking Indian man in a turban... However, what Shosh calls the New York Crazy syndrome 'Honestly Kate they're all completely nuts' - turned into an amusing escapade as he spoke Hindi I think, to himself, then too me... yikes. I stopped as Shoshs and got into her apartment on the upper East Side, Manhatten. The room toasty warm and we chatted away for ages then decided to battel my jetlag by going out, get a Time Out and checking out shows and movies. Ended up meeting Timothy Carlsen for giant (next time Kate, in America, don't ask for the large over the medium.) cocktails and Mexican, then saw the Reader... she totally deserved the Oscar for that one, let me tell you!!
Anyway, I've got to go explore heavy snw in NYC now
No comments:
Post a Comment