I've had a week and a half.
Today, I'm sitting after working my butt off all morning while nursing a severe hangover (note to self: do not drink then work.) and musing the few festival shows I've seen.
The Breath of the Volcano was an amazing spectacle. It could've used a firm hand with dramaturgy but it was easily the most outstanding fireworks arrangement I've seen.
Next on the list was HUI - which had Stephen Butterworth doing a terrific performance, but all the others too (bad English - hangover...) so naturalistic, high drama. I LOVED it. Rachel House is onto it, big time.
Followed by (thank you Jackson Coe) free tix to Cantina. INCREDIBLE. I really enjoy seeing physical theatre, and these peeps are masters of their bodies... makes me ponder my own laziness. I love working physically - it's not that hard - I can make it happen. Just don't say it - Do it.
On Thursday Dad and I went to see a disappointing ONE MAN TWO GUV'NORS - I appreciate styles, and precision. But it was SO old fashioned! The staging especially - I think they coulda done with a new director, one who specialises in new formations, etc. Easier to be said than done - directing - but it was pretty stale. I didn't laugh until about a quarter of the way through - and maybe my expectations were too high - but it goes to show that one actor can turn it around - can rise above the muck. The lead actor was absolutely terrific. Owain Arthur. Just a playful silly and brilliant slapstick artist. THANK GOODNESS FOR HIM.
Last night, I got on the razzle with Sheree from work and flirted with too many boys. But it's such hard work with so many repercussions if one takes it further. I don't like one night stands. Doesn't often lead to happiness. But good to know I still got it. Eww, can't believe I wrote that. I'm 26. Not 56.
What is wrong with me?
...
.....
Hangover.
Anyway, what I've come to, is things have to excite, shock, titilate, and move. And all those things cannot come without testing. Without a bit of hard work.
Right. Back to the ball and chain. x
No comments:
Post a Comment