Hola blog!
Today I sit on the lawn opposite my apartment block in Auckland City, a bedraggled lavalava beneath my bum, sun on my chest and arms and my legs tickled by the still wet grass from this morning’s shower. It is Easter Sunday and – even though it smells of poo out here – it’s a good day to be alive.
Today I sit on the lawn opposite my apartment block in Auckland City, a bedraggled lavalava beneath my bum, sun on my chest and arms and my legs tickled by the still wet grass from this morning’s shower. It is Easter Sunday and – even though it smells of poo out here – it’s a good day to be alive.
Yesterday I was blessed to be at the union of Gabrielle and
Simon Vincent. A lovely heart felt wedding in a church, with moving vows, some
laughs and a real sense of occasion. I wept tears of joy as I watched them
commit to their relationship in front of all of us. Little Stella McLaughlin
who was sitting on my lap said “Aunty Kate, why are you crying?” I said ‘I’m so
happy” She just said “OK’’ as if it were perfectly acceptable.
The reception we were plied with drink and food. Amazing
Turkish food, great wine, great speeches and BOY DID I DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am gonna take full ownership over the fact I got people up
and on the D-Floor. I think people are often a bit miffed when they see me
going for it in such a crazy, loose way.
I had one love prospect, and he turned out to be a massive
let down as he fell asleep on the bus. So that was good. Notttt.
On the upside I caught the bouquet. WOOO! I did a victory
dance and there was a chorus of “Mc-Gill, Mc-Gill, Mc-Gill!” So suck on that
boy. Gonna-be-engaged-within-the-year. Bam.
Dad and I had a lovely day at Barbara’s having a little
lunch the day before followed by seeing ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ – which in
actual fact, I’d already seen, but it’s really good and a good lesson in film
acting. It reminded me, whilst watching Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence in
scenes together, of Miranda’s course. And of how you need to make a way to make
it real. If you don’t buy it, we don’t buy it. Their relationship was plausible
because they had worked to make it so. I don’t actually believe things come
that easily. Sometimes there’s luck and sometimes there’s work that you can’t
see.
My problem is I often don’t trust myself. I give up.
Confidence is key. Decisions are key. My talent is key. I just need to turn the
lock (OK stupid metaphor but you get it.)
I’m now getting bitten by a zillionty things so I’m gonna
move and continue later ... xx
No comments:
Post a Comment