Monday, June 20, 2011

SONNETS

I've been writing a ton of sonnets lately, here are some.

EACH OTHER – A Midnight Sonnet for Amelia and Shadon

My eyes look upon you so rich with pride
Mutual affection and respect so evident
It’s that kind of loving keeping souls alive
These words a token of thanks – a present

For you have shown me how to teach with love
Inspire, not hinder – elegant grace
Supportive, hand in hand each others glove
And constant admiration of each others face

Not always easy to strive for good fate
Challenge and bravery you soldiers both
Keep curious of your cheeky soul mate
Honour yourselves everyday through this oath

Ebony and Ivory, Sos and Sha
Gloriously twined in each others hearts.

with love from Kate

SONNET ON A SUNDAY

Deliberate scheming of hours spent

Trying not to hustle my own true fate

In this I mention my heart is to rent

Even squabble, get you into a date


A candlelit dinner: too much to ask?

Or rose petals enveloping my bed

Am I jumping the gun moving too fast

Ultimately worse if nothing was said


We don't look correct next to the other

Magnetism I feel is too confused

Perhaps you feel you're more like a brother

I think that is undeniably rude


I sigh with optimism, pain and love

Fly back to me, open your wings, my dove


Sonnet #2 FOR THE BIRD SONG

A crime of patience should a lady wait

Her skin coils at the foiling of this plot

Judgement spurns a narrowing fear of hate

Is this the girl that everyone forgot?

One grey hair on him conveys dignity

On her it sticks her deeper down the well

Never again will looks be called pretty

And now it is her body she shall sell

Not on the street a bed she’ll lay her case

Be desired by men who pay the price

Her power shines and gleams upon her face

Only in her dreams she will ever think twice

He ruined her for that he’ll go to hell

While like a witch on men, she’ll cast her spell.


FROM A LOVE TAIL

JEZEBEL

Two Jail Cells similar in size and place

Do we present this Shock ridden Rhyme

Imagination takes from black box to new space

About cat and dog - enemies as long as time

From forth the cold brevity of these two rooms

A pair of flea sharing criminals take some life

Whose misfortune of meeting, puts rules in turmoil

Not quite as simple as a man and wife

But holding continuance of years full of hate

Which the telling of this could not amend the fight

Now becomes the hairy story of love and fate

In an hour we'll endevour to do justice to this plight

And your job to listen with us, a way unlike before

With this experiment and build a rapport.


Part 2

And so it is you I trust

Maketh me angry I may combust

This treaty, this madness you must impart

Brings with it great implication of a broken heart

I taste your sweet breath through walls chink

Sideways I look, dangerous to blink

Gift me something other than your love

It is worse than fleabites on which I munch

I think of you, I know it's wrong

So here it is, my life's lonely song

Forever entwined and accustomed to fail

Here you are: In my Love Tail

No comments:

Post a Comment