Thursday, August 18, 2011

Continue this

Hola,
Yes - so after I did that wonderful trip to LACMA - Jess and I hooned around having boba teas (so yum) and then started to get ready for the 'Hollywood party' we were invited to. Jess being my makeup guru and making me look nice.
In the car on the way there, I get a call from 'Lauren from Stiner-Block Casting. You have an audition tomorrow with Sally at 11.30' Ummmm - huh? Susie Jackson had recommended me from my work in Steamboat. Naturally I started to get nervous - Jess told me to settle down and took me through the basics for what I needed.
So, I started to chill and enjoyed the Australian Addie's 21st birthday party, which was peppered with managers and 'celebrities.' It was actually really nice and quite chill.
The next day was this audition and boy was it successful!
I got in to the building, calmed myself and met Sally Stiner, the hilarious larger than life lady who after a brief moment of awkwardness - not having my CV - thanks Jess! - We got on like a house on fire!
I did a read of a script and she was complimentary.
And... she gave me valuable information about working as an actor in the States - for when I actually get a work visa and can work - and we settled on I might come help out in the office a couple of days - just observing. Very cool. Don't feel afraid of actually doing it now! I mean, living the dream here!
I just realised, you don't play the game of being up yourself plastic faced, you play the game of being yourself and that's how everyone gets work worldwide through talent, hard work and your connection with people or peoples.
OK - another post coming soon
x

No comments:

Post a Comment