Last Friday, Jess and her brother Chris and I went to Universal Studios. I was kinda expecting it to be dire. But MAN OH MAN was it fun!
We arrived around 2 o'clock in the sweltering heat and started on the crappiest ride. The haunted house was the worst by far. As it was our first thing - we thought great! We paid $60 for shite. (And that was a huge discount because I did a wee bit of acting....) We waited in line for Shrek 4D for 40 minutes - and that was an improvement but still - the waiting!
Then we noticed people going in all these places way ahead of everyone else. A bit of investigating and we got an 'After 4 VIP pass' for 40 odd bucks. Now we were none too impressed at paying a shiteload for a themepark - but my, did we have a good time. Most people don't get through everything in a day - much less half a day but we got too and it was hilarious!
The Simpsons Virtual Rollercoaster was hilarious. Peter Jackson's King Kong was plain superb. Our delightful tour guide was clearly an aged, failed actor but he had such cheer. Jurassic Park brought back memories of my obsession with Sam Neill at aged 9. And the Waterworld show was pure stunt genius. And also brought back the memory of Mum and I seeing Waterworld and Corinna, Corinna back to back when I was ten or eleven. I felt soooo cool seeing two movies in one day.
It was just a very fabulous fun time. I'm really glad I went.
Afterwards, Miss Veronica Burns picked me up (she lives out in the O.C so it's a bit hard to get too) and we went out for a glorious vegetarian Thai meal. She got me a fabulous handbag as a late birthday present - the little gem. It was so great to catch up with her. She's a true friend.
And I plan to have her over next week, when she can stay over and not worry about the 2 hour drive home.
I got home to Charlotte and we had a good yarn about life dreams and goals.
A very successful, happy day.
No comments:
Post a Comment