Friday, June 25, 2010

Sadness and Madness

I have had another fullon week, for very different reasons. It has gone freakishly fast.
Both plays have grown immeasurably. We had our first run of the Shakespeare yesterday, and it looks pretty good, but interesting to see the character arcs and explore Helena's after working on scenes for two weeks. I think I need to bring more lightness to her, as she is very woebegone at present. Hermia and Helena's friendship is really strong which is nice.
Colonisation has started to get on it's feet and I love exploring all the characters, however we only have 3 weeks, so a lot more homework time is needed in determining physicality and vocal changes. I have to play a Scotswoman, an upper class English broad and a dirty prostitute. It is finally getting me to work with versatility in the most extreme!
We are working fast and hard and I love it!

The madness came into play on Tuesday night, we all went to wings night at the Tap House. A repulsive exercise, slimy, parmesan-garlic chicken wings for 33c a pop. Ugh. Unfortunately, Em and I have some people with us who neglect to pay tax or tip when we go out so we have been footed with the bill a good few times. It happened again, after a conversation about it, and we have decided we are just NOT going out with those people anymore, it's completely inconsiderate and rude.
Anyway, we had been at a $3 mojito bar before dinner, so were a tiny bit tipsy at the restaurant. Now our logic, when we have been full on food is to go and dance it off at the Powder Room, or somewhere else nice in town. Our friend Katie dropped us off, and we were totally just ready to have a boogie and go home.
Here's where we met our demise; Emma and I are summer babes at the moment and attract a bit of attention, so we had hot bartenders and guys from town buying us drinks. I had never had a Long Island Iced Tea before. Neither had Emma. So, all fine, we dance up a storm.
We started the stumble home, and somehow got into a complete deep and meaningful and wept like eejits in the street, I got the giggles because I thought it looked like a scene from a reality TV show... and then we came across a fenced in pool. Now, at the time, we thought GREAT! A swim! Exactly what we need. This is meant to be! And not realising it was part of a hotel, we climbed the fence and threw ourselves in starkers and laughed our heads off for about 10 minutes, until we heard what we think were security guards, I leapt out buttnaked and jumped over the fence - You can imagine how this must've looked if anyone had been watching - and Em hid underneath the pool cover. I have never laughed so hard in my life. Where on earth was our logic! Like, it seemed like a perfectly normal thing to do, but in retrospect, in the morning... Oh grief, what if... Haha!
So the next day was not healthy-summer-babe-time, it was fries, ice cream and water. SHEDLOADS of water. We have reigned ourselves in significantly.

That night we had a birthday cake for Ashlee, the director and for a couple of cast members. But early night and back to the exercising, healthy, delightful ways of Steamboat.

Yesterday, I got a free ticket to see Toy Story 3 with the Boys and got a free t'shirt. Was OK, wasn't as clever the other movies, and creating heaps of meaning at the end totally ruined it for me!! But, went across to the gym afterwards to have a bust out of moves and lots of cardio. Now I was wearing said Toy Story T'shirt - which, by all accounts, is not at all flattering - and hideous men's rugby shorts and my sneaks. I was sweating, bright red, and busting the moves on the stairmaster. This gorgeous, punky guy comes up and starts hitting on me. Completely bamboozled. Talk about the absolute worst timing and confusing - what about this Toy Story 3 T'Shirt did he dig? The fact that it was too tight around the arms and created a slight bulge? Or perhaps it was the bunching of my men's shorts against my cellulite ridden thighs? Or even my sweaty face? Anyway, the moral of this story is, I'm going to address my gym clothes situation. Or maybe I shouldn't? Maybe I've got it right this whole time!!!

Stink news is that Ian, our resident pilot, can't get us to Vegas. The plane's not fixed, not safe at the moment.... We could still go, via normal channels, but we'd have to pay about $250 US. Which is not ideal.
Weather here has been incredible. The only downfall is that my hair has turned into sheeps dags hideousness!
It is Friday here, and I am about to go off for a walk, then to rehearsal. This weekend might be a wee trip to Denver. But writing and relaxing is the plan.

I had some sad news this week in that my Godmum Kathy passed away, which is quite hard, knowing I can't go there for the funeral etc. But I'm trying to get over after NYC, so I can help Molly - Kathy's daughter - out with stuff and be a support for a month or so.
So rest in peace clever lady. Your spirit lives on in your daughter and in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment