I've had such a nice day today, especially cause I wasn't vom-ing and I saw a real, true life cowboy strutting (well his horse was strutting) down the street. Coool.
And let me explain and get to the vom-ing.
Friday proved interesting, in that, I got in a grump, and what's more skinned my knees and hands really badly when i attempted to go into town with friends. I didn't really feel like it, I just didn't want to be the one left behind. Anyway, very painful and I had a big wah and then got iced applied to me by an attractive (and when I say attractive I mean hollly moley furlong, damnnn), nice American boy - I know what you're thinking but no, alas, he has girlfriend and I am not a bitch... I realllly wish I was. But I'm not. Anyway, it did make me feel better.My friends had a fantastic night out, so that was not helping the feel better offers, but I got over myself and was really very thankful I didn't have to sit in a car for 3 1/2 hours to Denver on 2 hours sleep and the world's worst hangover.
So, then the trip to Denver was v nice. Em and I went with the pilot who was gonna take us to Vegas. He was so polite, generous, lovely and shouted us petrol, lunch, organised a v expensive hotel for ridiculously cheap for all of us (Brony, Alex, Tane, Adam as well) and then after one drink turned into a spazmunter. Alcy. Ohhh dear. I spent the first part of the night getting him to stop leching on to me and sometimes Emma, and to get him to stop being obnoxious, homophobic, an asshole to random people. Anyway, Emma and I after some shopping - oh, unfortunately Denver has v cheap and cool fashions, so we couldn't help ourselves, but I must say were very restrained and as we hadn't spent as much during the week, it was justified...
The evening was great (after we ran away from everyone - a bit mean, but entirely necessary)
We caught a human horse (man on bike with buggy) downtown and went under all these fabulous fairy lights in the street.
Denver is beautiful, the architecture just lovely and for a city that is quite young (only a little over 100 years since it was a mining town) it has a rich history to it which is present in it's art and structures.
Emma and I ended up krumping with beautiful, well off black men in a club - coulda been rap stars, who knows! And then finishing off the night with 3am movies in the hotel, Ben and Jerry's ice cream and mustard. Who said this wasn't educational??!
The next day was spent milling around Denver and taking in sights. Loverly, then back to Steamy, and oh dear, the drive was horocious as I had - and here it comes - the beginnings of a tummy bug which everyone then got.
I lay starfished on the floor most of Monday. Was actually quite nice to relax and time away from the fold, bit of sun. Niiice.
No comments:
Post a Comment