On Monday I venture overseas yet again for a two month stint in Steamboat Springs, Colorado and then a month in New York.
3 months seems like an age, but I'm sure it'll go by sooooo quickly!
In Colorado, I'm seeing the sights and also going to be part of a community theatre festival, devising a show over there with some kiwi mates and acting in a short(er) Shakespeare. coooollll.
Because it's going to be such beautiful weather over there with a lot of exciting things to do, it is important I write, blog, respond to what is going on within the framework of some questions around what I want to make and how I want to continue my education in acting and making theatre and film.
In New York, I am doing an unpaid internship with Tectonic Theater Project. www.tectonictheaterproject.org
A theatre company that play with the concepts of form, purpose and connection with audience - all of which comes into what I want to explore. I realise going into it, I don't have a wide breadth of knowledge regarding the history of theatre/film. And that may be something I need to do some intensive work on, so I can fully understand the use of forms that I want to manipulate and play with.
Right now, I must dash, as I am babysitting a darling wee girl and earning an extra buck for the trip.
More soon
xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment