I post some of my stuff home today after dragging rose thorn bushes up the hill... think I shouldve bit the bullet and worn the gloves as suggested. It was such an ordeal getting the stuff into the box and sent home, I had to list what was in there and by that stage I had forgotten what it all was!!
I explored Lavaur today, it's an amazing little town, quite condensed. A big river and dam beside an extraordinary cathedral. Lots of patisseries and clothes shops, none of which were open for the time I was wombling through... for the best I have to say. I was shocked to see as I leapt on the scales yesterday that despite chocolat chauds and pain au chocolats being a key fixture of my diet in France (yes, Mum, Im talking of food again) Ive lost half a stone!!! What??!! Well really a lot of walking and extra exercise here means the metabolism must be in full swing. That's it. I'm moving to France.
I got to work up in the indoor theatre today on my solo, which was brilliant. I found some interesting little gems to bring to the party. There is a somewhat musical theatre or cabaret style thing emerging in the work, which is mildly hysterical because my singing is well, not of the highest calibre.
I was sleazy, sexy, dirty, fun, young and old and French for the most part.
I'm thinking Moulin Rouge meets a crap mime meets Woody Allen in a crusty hotel overlooking London.
But I filmed about 25 minutes of observed improvisation and then went over what worked and what didn't. This was great because I've so enjoyed the writing and it's helped me form my ideas for events clearly but they often don't work when I get them up on stage. So filming and deciphering what s damatically interesting and what to persue saves time, is much more fun and I'm chugging away at building my acting muscle.
I'm getting really excited about New York. I will have some really intense acting classes and NYU have accepted me into their lectures so I shall be a-buzz with drama and knowledge and skills and stuff. And it'll be in NEW YORK!!! Joy of joys.
No comments:
Post a Comment