After Oliver and I were an hour late to meet Guy - not particularly impressed (I maintain it was Oli's faffing) - I got my first Pain Au Chocolat et Chocolat Chaud (which I shamefully pronounced as it's written - the French woman serving gave a vaguely disgusted look... ah well) and that was the last thing I ate all day.
We walked around St Michel a little but the boys had to disappear off to the elusive Ecole Phillippe Gaulier so I took a boat cruise which was awesome - apart from the fact that everyone on the boat was a couple and totally in love and thus wouldn't engage in polite conversation - so I retaliated by taking heaps of pictures of myself 'In Love' with... Paris...
We walked around St Michel a little but the boys had to disappear off to the elusive Ecole Phillippe Gaulier so I took a boat cruise which was awesome - apart from the fact that everyone on the boat was a couple and totally in love and thus wouldn't engage in polite conversation - so I retaliated by taking heaps of pictures of myself 'In Love' with... Paris...
"Ooh, how beautiful is Paris?!"
A picture of the Eiffel tower - why not eh?

"Oh Paris, you're so sweeet!!'
Don't look at me like that Paris!



Then I headed back to the Glaciere and went to the Supermarche for food - got weirded out by some dark lone men glaring at me in an alleyway, then managed to go into the wrong building and completely freaked out a French woman who spoke no English - she thought I was trying to break into her house with my key for Oli's. Quite hilarious now, but I was so utterly sure I was in the right place and that she must be a cleaner or something - so I was trying to force my way in while she was telling me to get out! It was only when I got outside after she threatened to call the Police that I realised there were about 4 identical buildings... All. Exactly. The. Same.
"Oh Paris, you're so sweeet!!'
Don't look at me like that Paris!
Oh, my! Anyway, still slightly mental case after a lack of sleep over the last 4 days, I walked to the Louvre. I strode through hallways, occassionally being taken over with wonder and awe at the expression in some of the work
After the Louvre, I ended up having a rather good time, wombling around the shops and in search of a cocktail at the Ritz - which didn't happen as I got sidetracked by a gorgeous little bookstore called Shakespeare and Co where I bought a book of French Poetry which I feel some of which might have a link in to my solo later in the year.
I went up to Madame Dartigues and promptly went to sleep. 7pmn to 5am. D'oh!
No comments:
Post a Comment