Im sitting in a dusty old computer cafe where the keys are all different to ours so bear with me!
The last day in London was a shopping blur = Molly took me to Primark - or as she calls it primani. the cheapest place for upmarket clothes ive ever seen. But I didnt think, i didnt take my suitcase to london, in fact î packed uncharacteristically light.. so back in Paris Ive got one too many suicases = some things will have to be sent home!!!!
In London I cqught up with friends Lorae and Bronwyn = both kiwis doing very well for themselves Lorae is making her play into a film and bronwyn making stunning jewellery.
The experience that made me squirm in London was walking through Libertys wearing Mollys faux fur coat - you couldnt miss me - leopard print, straight hair, bright red lips. We were sauntering through with Mollys friend Kate, carrying loads of bags - and as we left, a man stopped me and said "excuse me miss, you dropped this" and held up a truly hideous hat with a libertys label on it... i thought oh its a scam and said shortly no i didnt and walked away... then another man came up and said the same thing - molly and i were perplexed until mollythought what if the huge coat took the hat? Ugh! I couldnt cope!! Ive never stolen anything in my life, what if the coppers got onto me?? What would I say? No Im a kiwi i wouldnt do such a thing!!! and you just couldnt miss me, i was like a particularly chic Hagrid from Harry Potter.
London is so much more interesting than i remember, the architecture and funny little streets which lead you into another little slice of the world - this is what Montmarte means by the way, cute huh?
Speaking of Montmarte, I got back to Paris at 9am the next day, leaving on the 5am train _ew!
I was surrounded by couples on Valentines day getaways- and what was totally adorable was the people sitting opposite me - didnt know each other, and got to talking, hit it off and exchanged numbers, arranging to meet in Paris... so sweet.
I had a bit of time to kill so went to St Marais district, where I visited the Musee Picasso, a stunning place, filled with mirrors and stained windows. Picasso is truly a genius. Though not every piece is a masterpiece, they led into masterpieces. A very good message for someone like me. Because he trialed ideas, not all worked but he explored and the progression of work and their consiquint results become much more satisfyng
I was very moved by the sculptures zhich I am not that familar with, and a painting called Claude dessinant (painting), Francois et Paloma. I was outstanded to see fluoro paints in Potrait de Dora Maar - painted in1937... outstanding.
Later on I stumbled upon an ice skating rink in CHatelet les Halles, complete with an old fashioned winter carousel... behind a greened bronze piece of architechture and back to monument i saw on sunday which was now full on people, breathing life into it.
By about 4pm I was ravenous, having last eaten at 4am London time - so looked in my trusty guide book, and went to Cafe de la paix - which means cafe of the peace - an old haunt of Oscar Wilde and Josephine Baker among others. A really glamorous place, I was wearing my uniform of pink gloves, ill fitting green coat and white bobble hat - all ok, chic by themselves - together i look like Lindy off Gimme Gimme Gimme!!
By the time I met Guy and Oliver, I had loads of bags, and we missioned them to Montmarte - the little slice of the world. Oli and I walked up the road and were accosted by two men in a car - what are you doing tonight bebe??" Ahh! But further up at the pizzeria, the handsome young men told me i was gorgeous, beautiful, stunning and then played Frank Sinatra to me on the piano... I think Montmarte is my future home!!
So onto Toulouse, I arrived at 1pm, and met Charlotte, a friend whos appalled at my French (I keep hearing her say how crap I am to her friends, she doesnt realise i can understand a fair bit!!) She was very good to me, taking me out into Toulouse, showing me how to get around. Later when we were relaxing back at home, she says "do you mind if we take a velo to the pub?" my brain not computing thought oh yeah some kinda train or bus....erm, no. Now, I havent ridden a bicycle in 10 years, so riding through Toulouse late at night without a helmet, was pretty hilarious. i rammed a bus, ran over a pedestrians foot, and got laughed at by very attractive men when i drove into a gutter. Good grief. In saying that, it was the best way to see the city I could think of, so beautiful.
I will update Toulouse when I get to Lavaur where I shall be doing a lot of solo work for school, writing for Shanghai or rather ideas for Shanghai, practising skills and interviewing Heather
London is so much more interesting than i remember, the architecture and funny little streets which lead you into another little slice of the world - this is what Montmarte means by the way, cute huh?
Speaking of Montmarte, I got back to Paris at 9am the next day, leaving on the 5am train _ew!
I was surrounded by couples on Valentines day getaways- and what was totally adorable was the people sitting opposite me - didnt know each other, and got to talking, hit it off and exchanged numbers, arranging to meet in Paris... so sweet.
I had a bit of time to kill so went to St Marais district, where I visited the Musee Picasso, a stunning place, filled with mirrors and stained windows. Picasso is truly a genius. Though not every piece is a masterpiece, they led into masterpieces. A very good message for someone like me. Because he trialed ideas, not all worked but he explored and the progression of work and their consiquint results become much more satisfyng
I was very moved by the sculptures zhich I am not that familar with, and a painting called Claude dessinant (painting), Francois et Paloma. I was outstanded to see fluoro paints in Potrait de Dora Maar - painted in1937... outstanding.
Later on I stumbled upon an ice skating rink in CHatelet les Halles, complete with an old fashioned winter carousel... behind a greened bronze piece of architechture and back to monument i saw on sunday which was now full on people, breathing life into it.
By about 4pm I was ravenous, having last eaten at 4am London time - so looked in my trusty guide book, and went to Cafe de la paix - which means cafe of the peace - an old haunt of Oscar Wilde and Josephine Baker among others. A really glamorous place, I was wearing my uniform of pink gloves, ill fitting green coat and white bobble hat - all ok, chic by themselves - together i look like Lindy off Gimme Gimme Gimme!!
By the time I met Guy and Oliver, I had loads of bags, and we missioned them to Montmarte - the little slice of the world. Oli and I walked up the road and were accosted by two men in a car - what are you doing tonight bebe??" Ahh! But further up at the pizzeria, the handsome young men told me i was gorgeous, beautiful, stunning and then played Frank Sinatra to me on the piano... I think Montmarte is my future home!!
So onto Toulouse, I arrived at 1pm, and met Charlotte, a friend whos appalled at my French (I keep hearing her say how crap I am to her friends, she doesnt realise i can understand a fair bit!!) She was very good to me, taking me out into Toulouse, showing me how to get around. Later when we were relaxing back at home, she says "do you mind if we take a velo to the pub?" my brain not computing thought oh yeah some kinda train or bus....erm, no. Now, I havent ridden a bicycle in 10 years, so riding through Toulouse late at night without a helmet, was pretty hilarious. i rammed a bus, ran over a pedestrians foot, and got laughed at by very attractive men when i drove into a gutter. Good grief. In saying that, it was the best way to see the city I could think of, so beautiful.
I will update Toulouse when I get to Lavaur where I shall be doing a lot of solo work for school, writing for Shanghai or rather ideas for Shanghai, practising skills and interviewing Heather
No comments:
Post a Comment