Me eating a bagel with cream cheese from starbucks trying to fight jetlag. Yum
So, I'm in Paris! After a VERY long stopover (ie they cancelled my flight because Paris was "In Storm" and I was stuck in Chicago for 10 hours where the only option was to either stay in Chicago in the transit lounge for 24 hours - no, they didn't offer to put me up at the Hilton - or transfer to Frankfurt or London - I chose London) I am here. But more on that later.
Chicago was insane. Americans: either ignored me - literally pretending I wasn't right in front of them OR I was given the impression they wanted to be my new best friend.
So, I had to find something to do - after about 2 hours of wombling around looking like a concerned tourist, Jetlag set in. I was not impressed. So, I took myself out for a fairly fancy meal of which I didn't eat much of and the chicken was what I can only describe as stale chicken.
Chicago was insane. Americans: either ignored me - literally pretending I wasn't right in front of them OR I was given the impression they wanted to be my new best friend.
So, I had to find something to do - after about 2 hours of wombling around looking like a concerned tourist, Jetlag set in. I was not impressed. So, I took myself out for a fairly fancy meal of which I didn't eat much of and the chicken was what I can only describe as stale chicken.
The waitress thought I was a reviewer because I kept chewing everything with a puzzled look on my face, then taking pictures and jotting down notes in my Tournee du Chat Noir notebook.
After said meal, was not feeling the best (cough, cough) so rushed to loo where I freshened up and where I think I dropped my beautiful $100 woolen plaited scarf in the bin - when I figured this out, i was just about to get on the plane, so naturally burst into self depreciating tears. I fancy I looked like someone who'd just broken up with a boyfriend or something because I was beside myself with tired-ation. Fellow passengers kept giving me warm smiles as if to say 'You'll be alright. You were too good for him' - I was quite clearly deranged with jetlag. But what cheered me up was a full on Rabbi who raised his hand at me with a peaceful gaxe on his face - I tried to take a picture but the moment had passed and was obviously not a good offer.
In London, I checked out of customs (had to provide an address for the 3 hours out of the secure area... honestly!) and saw my divine Godmother Kathy and her daughter Molly where we ended up just chatting and having coffee.
I caught the 45min jampacked plane to Paris and had to find the RER B train to Denfert Rochereau where I met Oli and Guy! Hoorah! Settling at last!
No comments:
Post a Comment