a wheelbarrow. That's right friends and whanau, Kate McGill is spending the majority of her secondment on the farm, cutting branches off trees, carting them up the road to a bonfire site. Also bonded with the wheelbarrow raking leaves from the olive grove. I love it! Im so rural right now!
It's extremely beautiful here, though today I woke from bad dreams and with a headcold.Boo. So half the day, I've been writing interview questions and writing events towards my solo. I also have a rather well-formed idea for a film.
Heather is very inspiring, she is writing a piece about Rwanda, which we talked about in length over morning coffee. Made my writing juices flow.
I get to watch a rehearsal for this show on Thursday before I leave which should be great.
Last night we saw a local, amateur circus. In a charming chapiteau, we watched a truly horacious movement piece with a french couple, the man on a cello and the woman, mincing around the stage...just goes to show you can be a brilliant mover with NOTHING going on inside.25 minutes of me on the verge of laughter from pure ridiculous performance.
An interval where I bought Jean-Pierre and Heather Chai tea and Nutella crepes...marvellous
Then the real show-12 kids aged 11-18 performing a well concieved circus-one boy of about 12 was my star, his enjoyment sprung from the bottom of his feet up to the massive curly afro on his head. These kids have been working, travelling and living together for 5years and despite their lack of technique, their raw passion made the show truly worthwhile.
Well done Kate! you can access Mirandas prison show on line at NZ on Screen. It is a clip of her performing in a prison. I am enjoying your blog very much, love, Aileen xxx
ReplyDelete