

Theatre de l'Improviste and The hotel Im staying at on the right.
Last night Bruyére and Jean-Pierre toasted me at dinner. The thanked me for my help, my youth, my laughter and my talent. J-P went one step further to say he apologised for his bad English, which is ridiculous. I came to France without the language!! It was very special. Bru also said she considers me a good friend. It's not every day someone I've known for such short time says that. I'm very touched. After the meal, we went to see LOL at the tiny town theatre. GO AND SEE IT!! It is so charming! I completely understood what was going on without subtitles, thanks to very clear, understated but powerful acting.
Because I might not see a computer for a number of days, I'm sharing up till now. This morning I got up and cleaned my room, then J-P finally let me film him playing Kate from the Shrew. Despite his big, salty French manner his portrayal of her was quite moving. His voice was softer, his diction clearer. He got the desperation and the love of Petruchio in this 3 minute long speech.
I told him, I'm going to learn French-give me two years I said- and I will come back and he can direct me in it.
So, now I'm doing a spot of solo work, then off to stay at Hotel Capitole. Ahh, Vive le France!
Because I might not see a computer for a number of days, I'm sharing up till now. This morning I got up and cleaned my room, then J-P finally let me film him playing Kate from the Shrew. Despite his big, salty French manner his portrayal of her was quite moving. His voice was softer, his diction clearer. He got the desperation and the love of Petruchio in this 3 minute long speech.
I told him, I'm going to learn French-give me two years I said- and I will come back and he can direct me in it.
So, now I'm doing a spot of solo work, then off to stay at Hotel Capitole. Ahh, Vive le France!
No comments:
Post a Comment