Monday, February 23, 2009

sunsets and wet hands and feet

Oh one extreme to the next!! Out on the farm I have started to get cramps in the morning from lifting, bending, carrying, dropping, wheelbarrowing... And I love it. I'm listening to lots of music from Mozart (yes dad!) to Britney Spears to Van Morrison to Murder Inc to soulful Jazz.
Secretly, I am doing movement classes up the hill. Tom would be proud! I am finding the most economical way of doing my job, keeping in with the flow of the music (hilarious when BABY GOT BACK came on, I must've looked a picture) and opening myself up to the wide open space. Next I'll be toning at the mountains... what a drama geek.
Today, I was all windswept up on the hill by myself as I arranged rocks and leaves around the bonfire ground... This has to be the place where I shoot my film (as yet un-named) it is PERFECT, ideal, as really inspired a story in me.
Meals here consist on Bruyére (Heather) whipping up something AMAZING and she says "Really? But it's most average" It makes me laugh. You know one doesn't have French risotto followed by a rocket salad with fried chicken livers and a dessert of Mom blanc: chestnut puree with sort of yogurt cream cheese and cream. Not your everyday meal!!
I helped Bruyére today with the ideas around the solo show she is making with Char-it really helped me form some good ideas around events and how to portray without insult.
One of the ideas I have at the moment is a solo about the weight watchers meetings I attend. The women there are hilarious, but is not good to put on a show that could potenially mock them. Jean-Pierre said to us, whenever you have characters you think could go the way of shame, blame or laughing at - not with; find a way to make them a hero. I thought that was particularly genius. Simple, but so important.
I have decided I'll go back to Toulouse a night early. I'd like to hang out with some new friends, catch some jazz and get all my postings sent off from this end.
It's such a shame I can't upload photos here, because the sunsets are the most vibrant I've ever seen. It looks like the sky is on fire wth bright blue paint strokes beneath.
As I was up the hill, calmly taking in this idyllic world, two fighter jets flew past at rapid speed (there's an army base somewhere near here) reminding me that the world is not like this all over. So, I reminded myself how lucky I am today and to treasure all these extraordinary pictures, stories and memories building up.

No comments:

Post a Comment