LA is chillyish but the sun was out when I arrived.
A fairly quick 12 hour flight. Watched 2 movies - Rachel Getting Married was one really good.
Becaus my flight was delayed, I was not picked up - which was fine, but I was a little uncertain about the suburb. So I decided to call - did not work... Mmm... Am a friendly NZer so thought I'd ask a customs lady - let's call her Shanykwah (because I got that sort of energy from her - "Hello!" I say politely, "Do you know where I may find an internet cafe?" Blank stare. "Paid internet room?" I urge. "We don't got one" Okkkkk.... well, I got on the payphones and called my poor father in NZ to get him on my email and facebook for me to check whether there had been a message. Nothing on the email and Dad and my conversation became frustrating at both ends because we couldn't hear each other. Thank goodness Ryan called and I jumped on a shuttle to Van Nuys where I was picked up at the bus station. Hilarious other Kate-from-NZ moment was at the said bus station - I said 'Excuse me sir?' to a bemused looking bus-information man 'Where might I wait to get picked up?' 'Well' says he 'You see that curb, right out there honey?' 'Yes' I say eagerly. Pause. 'Well,its' there. You wait on the curb.' Mmm. Ahh, well,. at least he was helpful.
I am tired now so am going to go to bed - honestly not too badly jetlagged though - Let's see what happens tomorrow! On to France!
Above are some snaps of my fun loving roomies for the night. Boo-ya. Time for bed honey.
No comments:
Post a Comment